|What We Do||-Dragonboat Team Practices|
-Paddling Technique/Endurance Training
-Outrigger Canoe (OC1 / OC-1) & Marathon Canoe Training
-Competitive Race Events/Festivals
(Beginners are welcome to join at any point in the season!)
|Where||Fort Point Pier, Boston MA (5-7 min walk from South Station)|
|When|| May – October|
Monday: 5:45pm – 7:45pm
Wednesday: 5:45pm – 7:45pm
Saturday: 8:45am – 11:00am
|Dragon Boat Races and Dragon Boat Festivals||TBD, pending COVID-19 restrictions|
– June 2022 Boston Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival
– June 2022 Springfield MA Dragon Boat Festival
– July 2022 GWN Greater Boston International Dragon Boat Festival
– August 2022 Vermont Training/Paddling Camp
– August 2022 OC1 / OC-1 / Outrigger Canoe Intra-Boston Race
– September 2022 GWN Mercer County Dragon Boat Festival (NJ)
|Cost||ClassPass Two Practice Trial: $20|
(Includes the use of equipment, insurance, and training sessions)
|How to Join||How do I attend my first training session with B1?|
1. Sign our online waiver
2. Pay the $20 trial fee using Venmo (@boston1dboat), cash, or check
3. RSVP for practice on our Meetup page!
4. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a confirmation on paperwork/payment!
Let us know which practices you plan on attending.
5. Come to training 15 min early and talk to the session’s coach at Fort Point Pier. They will introduce you to the team, explain safety, and take you through the basics.
|What to Wear||Moisture Wicking/Quick Dry Athletic Clothing & Flip Flops/Sandals|
|What to Bring||-Water, Sunscreen, and Sun Protection (Hat, Sunglasses, etc.)|
-B1 Provides: Paddle and Life Vest/PFD
|Storing Belongings||We will be getting a storage shed to store personal belongings. Stay tuned!|
|Rain in the forecast||Training is only canceled when conditions are dangerous (e.g. lightning). |
This decision is made by the coaches the day of (and will be communicated via Slack/Meetup).