|What We Do||2 Hour Dragon Boat Team Practices, with a typical breakdown of:|
– 10 minutes: Introductions, Personal Item Storage, and Getting Equipment
– 10 minutes: Warm-ups
– 45 minutes: Technique, learning how to paddle in the dragon boat
– 45 minutes: Endurance, applying our technique to training and race simulations
– 10 minutes: Stretching/Warm-downs
– 5 minutes: Announcements/Debrief
Beginners are welcome to join us at any point in the season!
|Where||99 Necco Court, Boston MA 02210 (5 min walk from South Station)|
|When|| April – October|
Monday: 5:45pm – 7:45pm (Open to All)
Wednesday: 5:45pm – 7:45pm (Members Only)
Saturday: 8:45am – 11:00am (Open to All)
|Dragon Boat Races and Dragon Boat Festivals||– June 10-11 2023: Boston Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival|
– June 23-25 2023: Vermont Training/Paddling Camp
– July 29 2023: Springfield MA Dragon Boat Festival
– August 19 2023: Hartford CT Dragon Boat Festival
– September 16 2023: Mercer NJ Dragon Boat Festival
Cancelled/Postponed Festivals in 2023: Worcester, GWN Boston
|Cost||Two Practice Trial: $20 ‘ * ^ ~|
Water Season Membership (May 2023 – October 2023) if ≥ 25 Years Old: $160
Water Season Membership (May 2023 – October 2023) if ≤ 24 Years Old: $128
‘ The $20 2-practice trial counts towards Water Membership if you join.
* If cost is a barrier preventing you from trying dragon boat racing, please email us. We want dragon boating to be accessible to all interested.
^ Fort Point Residents are welcome to attend a practice for free! Please email us to coordinate a date and connect with our Community Engagement Coordinator!
~ Active Duty Service Members, National Guard and Reservists, and Veterans receive 20% off water season membership if they choose to join.
|How to Join||How do I attend my first training session with B1?|
1. Sign our online waivers
2. Pay the $20, 2-practice trial fee using Venmo (@boston1dboat), cash, or check (“Boston One Dragon Boat Team, Inc.“)
3. Pick the dates you’ll be joining us by RSVPing on Meetup
4. Come to training 10-15 min early and talk to the session’s coach. They will introduce you to the team, explain safety, and take you through the basics.
|What to Wear||Moisture Wicking/Quick Dry Athletic Clothing & Flip Flops/Sandals|
|What to Bring||-Water, Sunscreen, and Sun Protection (Hat, Sunglasses, etc.)|
-B1 Provides: Paddle and Life Vest/PFD
Note: Since we wear PFDs, you do not need to know how to swim to join!
|Personal Belongings||We have a space to securely store your personal belongings.|
|Rain in the forecast||Training is only canceled when conditions are dangerous (e.g. lightning). |
This decision is made by the coaches the day of (and will be communicated via Slack/ Meetup).
|Questions?||Email us at email@example.com|