Why should you sponsor Boston 1?
Our volunteer-run non-profit team welcomes individuals of all fitness abilities in the Greater Boston area and is committed to providing its members with more opportunities for community-building and athleticism. Our motto is “paddle hard, fear nothing”. Boston 1 is strongly focused on increasing awareness about the sport of dragon boat and welcoming new paddlers into our community.
Your support provides access to personal growth and development opportunities, as well as training equipment (including boats and equipment, insurance, and maintenance), docking on the Boston waterways, and race registration. If you are unable to support us through financial means, you can follow us on social media and spread the word amongst friends and family – we are always recruiting and welcome everyone!
Together, we can:
- Build and grow a diverse, inclusive community
- Advocate for health and wellness all year around
- Activate the Boston waterways
- Mentor and develop young future leaders and athletes
- Educate, foster, and promote the sport of dragon boating in the Greater Boston community and beyond
The team’s operations rely on volunteer coaches and board members, more than half of whom are age 29 and younger. Women make up 75% of the team’s current leadership. Newer members are encouraged to run for board roles and grow into leadership roles over time. Our leadership structure includes a core focus on mentoring and developing young future leaders.
The target population for Boston 1’s activities are all residents of the Greater Boston Area, extending as far as New Hampshire. We teach approximately 100 people how to dragon boat every year. Our members include those who had never participated in watersports before and who do not have waterway access in their neighborhoods. Since 2013, we have welcomed over 500 people aged 18 to 50+ into the Boston 1 family, including locals from New England, transplants from across the United States, and international members from Canada, Mexico, China, India, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Vietnam, France, and more. In 2019 alone, we grew our organization by 30% drawing from the Greater Boston and Cambridge metropolitan areas.
1 Crew, 1 Family, 1 Goal
The Boston 1 community spans across:
- 500+ current members and alumni
- 900+ members on Meetup
- 1,000+ followers on Instagram
- Weekly coverage on Boston Calendar’s “Things to do”
- Local, regional, and international coverage through participating in events, festivals, and races. We are members of the Eastern Regional Dragon Boat Association (ERDBA), which comprises of approx. 40 clubs that compete across the region.
- High visibility from heavy pedestrian, bike, and vehicular traffic in the Fort Point Channel and Seaport area
For more information on how Boston 1 can build awareness for your brand, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cedar Chiropractic & Sports
‘Boston One Dragon Boat Team’ at smile.amazon.com
Fundraiser at Blaze Pizza, Cambridge